Do you ever feel like your Internet Marketing consultant or Web Designer speaks a foreign language? Are you trying to make sense of the new catchphrases that are dominating your marketing strategy meetings?
Here are 13 Online Buzzwords that You Will Hear This Year
- Above the fold – This refers to the portion of a website you see on your screen when you first visit it. This is what you see before you have to scroll.
- Showrooming – When a person views, tries on etc. merchandise in a physical store location before buying it online at a lower price.
- 360 campaign – A marketing plan that blends offline and online, including social media.
- Infographic – A graphical representation of information or data
- Engagement – Online visitor action including likes, shares, comments, clicks.
- Immersive Experience – Highly visual, often social environment on a website
- Clickability – Something so appealing the visitor will click on it for more information.
- Return on Involvement – What a brand gets in return for socializing online. In other words, how much return on investment a brand gets for being more involved with their online visitors.
- Snackable Content – The trend of producing content that is shorter-form and easier to digest (read).
- Content Marketing – Businesses communicating and providing value to visitors through blogs, infographics, videos and social media.
- SMO – Social Media Optimization – Social media marketing with an emphasis on optimizing content, linking and connections.
- SoLoMo – Social-Local-Mobile. In other words, mobile services that connect users socially and locally. The growth of mobile demands businesses build their local presence
- Second screen – A large percentage of mobile users play on their mobile devices (smartphones, tablets) while watching television. Businesses can incorporate this with cross-channel marketing integration.