These four statistics showcase the power of online reviews:
- 70% of adults in the United States trust opinions from friends & family
- 79% of consumers trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation
- 70% of people will consult reviews or ratings online before making a purchase
- 95% of unhappy customers will return if an issue was resolved quickly & effectively
One of the best ways your business can cultivate the social landscape is to monitor and respond to reviews.
While many review websites consider it unethical for a business to reward for reviews, when you receive positive feedback it’s wise to ask “would you mind posting a review of our service/product online?”.
On the flipside, by regularly monitoring the online chatter about your business, you can save face and resolve a situation by positively commenting on negative reviews and offering a solution to resolve the situation.
7 Tips of Effective Reputation Management
- Have a Search Engine Optimized Website that is regularly updated with information
- Use Social Media to tell your brand story
- Monitor listings & reviews (Yelp, Google+, Facebook, TripAdvisor etc.)
- Engage with your audience to encourage conversation
- Monitor conversations about your brand
- Respond to comments in a timely manner
- Thank people who are referring others to your business